We are all staying at home in our fight with corona virus led COVID19 pandemic. During this time, it is an interesting journey to go through various Indian cities via a virtual tour using drone shots by various folks. As we see that our cities look cleaner, beautiful, captivating and serene almost the least. The cities start to look new and refreshing. Go through them all and mention your favourite in the comment section below. Also what you liked the most about Indian cities. Stay safe and stay healthy.
If you are not able to find your driving license details on online portal at Parivahan.gov.in that is because your details are not registered in central repository database. In that case you will have to visit RTO for getting backlog entry done for your Driving License. The process is simple.
- Collect backlog entry form from Xerox shop at the entrance of RTO office. (5Rs)
- Get a photocopy of your Driving License.
- Fill in the details in the form like your Name, DoB, Blood group and others
- Go to Sarathi department on ground floor and get the token number from the Security Guard.
- Get your form verified at Counter 1 near the entrance.
- Wait for your turn in the queue. Carry form, DL Xerox and Original Driving License – Counter 10
- Once the officer enters the details you have to get the Xerox of Form which contains the application number, along with the photocopy of DL.
- Go to Counter 21 and submit photocopy of your Form and DL.
- Wait for one day and your application will be approved.
- You can apply for Services related to DL online now.
|Ford v Ferrari||English|
|Chaal Jeevi Laiye||Gujarati|
|Saand Ki Aankh||Hindi|
For services related to Driving License, application need to be made online for new, renewal, changes in particulars of Driving License. Application needs to be made from Parivahan Sewa Portal online. For changes in details of Driving License like address change, application needs to be done online. Follow the below mentioned steps.
Visit Parivahan Sewa Portal. Choose Driving License Related Services. Select State, in this case Gujarat. Select “Apply Online” –> Services on Driving License. You can apply for following services online.
|RENEWAL OF DL||ENDORSEMENT TO DRIVE HAZARDOUS MATERIAL|
|ISSUE OF DUPLICATE DL||ENDORSEMENT TO DRIVE IN HILL REGION|
|ADDITIONAL ENDORSEMENT TO DL||DL EXTRACT|
|ISSUE OF PSV BADGE TO A DRIVER||ISSUE OF NOC|
|CHANGE OF ADDRESS IN DL||ISSUE INTERNATIONAL DRIVING PERMIT|
|CHANGE OF NAME IN DL||CANCELLATION OF NOC|
|REPLACEMENT OF DL||CHANGE OF DATE OF BIRTH IN DL|
|CHANGE OF BIOMETRICS IN DL||SURRENDER OF COV(S)/PSV BADGE(S)|
Click on continue to further. Fill the details like Driving License, Date of Birth and click on Go. If your Driving License details are available in central repository, you will be able to proceed further. Else you will have to apply for Backlog data entry. In case of Gujarat, Backlog data entry is done via RTO office in premise only, so you will have to visit RTO office in this case. There is no option to apply for backlog entry online as of November 2019.
Gujarat – Backlog entry for Driving License details in central repository is done by RTO office. There is no feature to update backlog entry via online in case of RTO in Gujarat.
In case details of Driving License are not available online in central repository, you won’t be able to proceed for any services that are listed above. So you will have to visit RTO office, to get your details updated in central repository.
Collect backlog entry form from the Xerox Shop near the entrance of Surat RTO office. You can mention as backlog entry form. It will cost you 5 Rs. You need to fill your details like Name, DOB, Blood group, Address as the details are there in your Driving License. Along with a copy of your Driving License and original document, visit the office at Ground Floor. You can enquire at counter 1 for any validation.
If your details are not available in central repository online for Gujarat RTOs, you will have to visit RTO offices personally to get the details updated by filling in Backlog Entry form.
You need to go Sarthi Sewa counter and take the token number from the security for backlog entry. As there is too much crowd who wants to get services for Driving license, there is a huge queue. People are seen standing in queue even before office hours start. You will get the token number from 9 am onwards. Try to collect the token number and then you will have to sit back and relax or stand in a long queue until your token number arrives. Once your token number is called, you just have to visit an officer who will take your form and fill this details into online system.
Entire process may take anywhere from 2 hours to 4 hours depending on the crowd on that day and your token number. If it is not so urgent for you to get the process done, then you may wait until few months, when the entire process is smoothened down and there isn’t so much crowd.
Your details will be updated within a week. You can then proceed with your application for services on Driving License.
Surat RTO – Process for Address Change in RC Book
- Process or Checklist
- Online Application Steps
- Chassis print guide
- Address of Surat RTO
What is the process for Address Change in RC Book under Surat RTO ?
- Apply online for Address Change in RC Book as mentioned below in detail
- Take printout of Form 33 from online portal as well as the payment receipt
- Sign at the designated location
- Carry all original documents for address proof, ID proof, Bike Insurance certificate, PUC along with photocopies which are self-attested (signature on xerox copies)
- You need to take chassis print on Form 33. Check how to get a chassis print on Form 33.
- Also carry original RC Smart Card, which you need to place in a plastic enclosure, which will be stapled along with the Form 33.
- Go to Surat RTO office located at Pal RTO. Old RTO is closed.
- Visit office at First floor and follow the queue to submit your application and get all documents verified. Visit at early hours such at between 10am-11am.
- If you carry all documents properly, your visit to RTO office would only take around 1-2 hour. If you choose to pay offline at RTO Office, then you will have to stand in another queue for payments, which may take you another 1-2 hours.
Which documents needs to be carried/submitted for Address Change of RC Book ?
- Printout of filled application Form 33
- Chasis print on Form 33
- Original RC Book (Smart Card in Surat)
- Photocopy of Bike Insurance Certificate/Policy (Xerox)
- Photocopy of PUC latest (Xerox)
- Photocopy of current address proof like Voter ID, Electricity Bill, Gas Bill, Property Tax Bill. RTO officers do not accept Aadhar Card for address proof (Controversial but carry other address proof to avoid rejection). You can however use Aadhar card for ID proof.
How to apply online for Address Change of RC Book under Surat RTO ?
- Visit Parivahan Government Website
- Click on Vehicle Registration Related Services
- Select other states if you are applying for Surat RTO or go directly here
- Enter your vehicle registration number in the field and click on Proceed. Enter the number without spaces or dashes. eg GJ05AB1234
- It will prompt with details of your number and some details. Verify your name is correct and click on proceed.
- Navigate Online Services — Misc (Change of Address)
- Enter last 5 digits of your Chassis number. You can find this details on your RC book. Then click on Validate.
- Once your details are validate, you will see details of Address as per RTO records. You can update your current and permanent address. Based on the details provided, you will find the fees populated below. Choose Surat RTO in the drop down for RTO Location.
- Click on confirm after you check the details like House number, city, Pincode. The click on Submit.
- Pay online via netbanking or SBI gateway. Be careful to not click on refresh or back button. It will be a mess to retrieve/track/followup with RTO for refund.
- After completion of payment, you will receive a payment receipt. Take printout of payment receipt. Also take printout of Form 33 – this will be your application. Sign Form 33. If you have Loan on your vehicle, then you will have to collect NOC from your Financier.
What is the application fees for Address Change in RC Book ?
Online application fees cost 350 Rs for Address Change in RC Book, which includes 150 Rs processing fee for change in address and 200 Rs for Smart Card. You may incur extra charges for delays or pending amounts or other fees if any.
What are the timings at Surat RTO Location?
Surat RTO office timings are from 9am to 5pm from Monday to Saturday. 2nd and 4th Saturday & Sundays it is closed. Lunch hour starts at 2pm. It may take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour for work to resume after lunch break.
Can I book online appointment for Address Change in RC Book at Surat RTO ?
As of November 2019, when this post is composed, online appointment for document verification or visit to RTO office is not available. You will have to walk-in to office and follow the queue.
What is Chassis print for Form 33. How to take Chassis print.
Chassis number is an identification number of youmr bike. You will find it near the ride side of rode connecting the handle or in the storage case (dikki) on the back side. Try to google the chassis location for the bike model. Once you find the location clean it.
Then you need to get that printed on Form 33. Try to test first on a sample paper multiple times until you get hold of it. Check out this youtube video. As you get the idea of how to do it well, take the Form 33 and get the Chassis print on your application form. Kudos.
Where is Surat RTO located, provide complete address?
Surat RTO is located at Pal RTO. Below is the complete address. You can take BRTS bus number 14, 17A, 658. The bus station to get down is Pal RTO BRTS. You can get auto to Pal RTO. Do not go to old RTO office located at Ring Road near Majuragate. That office is closed. If you go from Ring Road and cross Tapi River from Sardar bridge or PD Cable bridge, take a left after you get down on the other side of the River in Adajan and travel for around 1 km or so, you will be able to see Pal RTO office on the left. There are many agents who sit on the road side.
Surat Pal RTO Office,
Near Pal RTO BRTS,
Please post your experience below. Comment below for any queries related to RTO application, documentation or any other. Happy and Safe Driving.
Surat BRTS Bus 17E which was an extension of bus running from Kamrej to Surat Railway Station. This bus was extended till Sachin GIDC BRTS junction to ease the travel by the citizens.
Now to further enhance the travel experience of citizens Sitilink has extended this route to Sachin Railway Station, enabling a great connectivity between Sachin, Udhna, Surat, Kamrej.
Citizens travelling from Sachin to Kamrej can now opt to travel in 17E directly from Sachin Railway Station. Also all those passengers who travel in local trains to commute between Surat and Sachin, if they miss the train, can come out to Sitilink Bus stop and catch 17E to reach Sachin Railway Station.
The interconnectivity between multiple railway station would enhance the number of commuters on this route as well as build a platform for the future growth of Surat city population.
Sitilink is extending many existing routes as well as adding new routes to augment the existing BRTS route and covering almost all corners of Surat city and surrounding areas.
For all routes visit :