We are all staying at home in our fight with corona virus led COVID19 pandemic. During this time, it is an interesting journey to go through various Indian cities via a virtual tour using drone shots by various folks. As we see that our cities look cleaner, beautiful, captivating and serene almost the least. The cities start to look new and refreshing. Go through them all and mention your favourite in the comment section below. Also what you liked the most about Indian cities. Stay safe and stay healthy.
|Ford v Ferrari||English|
|Chaal Jeevi Laiye||Gujarati|
|Saand Ki Aankh||Hindi|
Cinemas in Surat, have grown in huge numbers in the last 2 years. Surat, had always been celebrating the talkies culture, where it started of with small single screen talkies, which were then grown into theatres, with infrastructure aligned to suit the growing culture. In the last decade, the multiplex culture, has taken over the talkies and we see the same impact in Surat.
Currently many major multiplex chains like PVR, Inox, Cinemax, Cinepolis have come up around Dumas Road, Piplod area. Other areas are slowly adopting to the movie going craze in multiplexes. Also to keep up with the competition old theatres like Rupam cinemas are reshaping their infrastructure, facilities and screens.
|PVR : RahulRaj Mall, Dumas Road|
|Inox : VR Mall, Dumas Road|
|Inox : Reliance Mall, Udhana Darwaza|
|Inox : DR World, Aiemata Road|
|Inox : Raj Imperial, Varachha|
|Cinemax : Iris Mall, Dumas Road, Surat|
|Cinepolis : Imperial Square Mall, Adajan, Surat|
|Valentine Multiplex (Dolby Atmos) : Dumas Road, Opp Iris Mall|
|City Plus Multiplex : Dumas Road|
|Popcorn – The Grand Bhagwati : Dumas Road|
|Black Jack Dolby Atmos : Ghod Dod Road, Near Rangila Park|
|Rajhans Multiplex : Adajan, Surat|
|Harmony Cinema Dolby Atmos : Bhatar Char Rasta|
|Ratan Cinema : Salabatpura, Surat|
|Rupam Cinema : Salabatpura, Surat|
|Rupali Cinema : Rander Road, Surat|
|Sapna Cinema : Amboli Karej, Surat|
|Time Cinema : Galaxy Circle Pal, Surat|
|Wonder Prime Cinema : Dindoli, Surat|
|KD Laxmi Multiplex : Kim, Surat|
Aaspass Dada Mandir is located in Godadara, towards the far end of Surat city outskirts in the South East Zone. It is a very popular temple in the locality.
Every year Aaspass Mela, an exhibition cum fair is organised in a ground near by the temple, where thousands of devotees and visitors come to see the grandeur celebrations and buy households and decors. Celebrations begin during the week of Diwali vacations in schools and offices. Usually held in October or November every year.
How to Reach
- Regular buses run from Surat Railway Station (Bus No 254) and Chowk (Bus No 204) to Aaspass Temple. Surat SitiLink buses (blue color buses) are a bit crowded towards this route. It will cost you around 12-15 Rs. Buses will drop you right out the entrance gate.
- Take a BRTS bus towards Godadara and get down at Aaspass Dada Temple Stop. You can alternatively come to Vishvakarma BRTS Junction on canal route and change to Godadara.
- Nearest BRTS stop is Aaspass Dada Temple BRTS. You will have to walk for about 5 minutes to reach the temple.
- You get shared auto-rickshaws from Surat Railway Station for about 20 Rs. You can take a direct auto, which will cost you around 100-150 Rs depending on the time of day and your bargaining skills.
- Online Cab booking
- You can try to book Ola/Uber online, however most of the times you get a cancellation/over charge request by the drivers as the commute to this area is very less. Plan your journey accordingly.
Below is the location on maps for your ease of navigation and planning.
Be sure to carry cash as most of the stores/shops don’t have electronic transactions. You may however be lucky to have e-wallet payment options available.