[ MLD ]
|Anjana Sewage Treatment Plant||82.5|
|Bhesan Sewage Treatment Plant||100|
|Bhatar Sewage Treatment Plant||120|
|Karanj Sewage Treatment Plant||100|
|Singanpore Sewage Treatment Plant||100|
|Bamroli-Vadod Sewage Treatment Plant||100|
|Asarma Sewage Treatment Plant||15|
|Khajod Sewage Treatment Plant||25|
|Variav-Kosad Sewage Treatment Plant||84|
MLD – Million Litres per Day (MegaLitres per Day)
Following services are provided by Surat Municipal Corporation for the citizens of Surat.
|HOSPITAL & MEDICAL COLLEGE||SMIMER MEDICAL COLLEGE|
|PUBLIC SERVICE||CIVIC CENTRES|
|SCHOOLS||NAGAR PRATHMIK SHIKSHAN SAMITI|
SUMAN HIGH SCHOOLS
|UTILITIES||SEWAGE TREATMENT PLANTS|
WATER TREATMENT PLANTS
Surat Municipal Corporation has always aspired to achieve total customer satisfaction & has endeavoured the same through various methodologies. With the following objectives in mind, S.M.C. started an E-governance project through 17 city civic centers right now. This is further integrated with an in-house Management Information Systems (M.I.S.) that given an instant and as-is report on all activities of City Civic Center on Municipal Commissioner desktop.
Currently SMC is serving the citizens at 17 Civic Centers.
- Property Tax Collection
- Professional Tax Collection
- Birth & Death Certificates
- Shops & Establishment registration
- Complain Registration
- Installment of Municipal tenement, EWS houses & shopping complexes
- Part plan of T.P.Maps
- Collection center for all type of applications
- Distribution of all types of forms/publications of S.M.C.
LIST OF SMC CIVIC CENTRES BY ZONE – SURAT
|Zone||Civic Center||Address||Center Timings|
|West Zone||West Zone||West Zone Office, Tadwadi, New Rander Road, Surat||10:30 am to 6:10 pm|
|West Zone||Adajan||Adajan Drainage Pumping Station, Nr. Bhulkabhavan School, Adajan-Hazira Road, Surat||10:30 am to 6:10 pm|
|Central Zone||Central Zone||S.M.C. Main Office, Muglisara, Surat||10:30 am to 6:10 pm|
|Central Zone||Ring Road||Nr. Millennium Market, M. G. Road, Surat||10:30 am to 6:10 pm|
|North Zone||North Zone||Municipal Shopping Centre, Gotala Wadi, Katargam, Surat||10:30 am to 6:10 pm|
|North Zone||Ved||Near Akhand Anand College, Ved Road, Katargam, Surat||10:30 am to 6:10 pm|
|North Zone||Kosad||EWS Awas H2, Near Police Station, Kosad, Surat||10:30 am to 6:10 pm|
|East Zone||East Zone||Nr. Saifee Society, Opp. Panchwati Wadi, Lambe Hanuman Road, Surat||10:30 am to 6:10 pm|
|East Zone||Karanj||Nr. Karanj Health Center, Rachana Soc. Road, Karanj, Surat||10:30 am to 6:10 pm|
|East Zone||Poona||Tekra Falia, Opp. Water Tank, Poona Gam, Surat||10:30 am to 6:10 pm|
|South West Zone||South West Zone||Athwa Zone Office, Gokulam Dairy Road, Adarsh Society, Ghod dod Road, Surat||10:30 am to 6:10 pm|
|South West Zone||Athwa||Vinayak Zariwala Swimming Pool, Athwalines, Chowpati, Surat||9:30 am to
1:30 pm |
4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
|South Zone||South Zone||Udhna Main Road, Opp. Satyanagar Society, Udhna, Surat||10:30 am to 6:10 pm|
|South Zone||Bhestan||Bhestan Char Rasta, Surat-Navsari Road, Bhestan||9:30 am to 4:30 pm|
|South East Zone||South East Zone||Bh. Vatika Township, Model Township Road||10:30 am to 6:10 pm|
|South East Zone||Limbayat||Sahid Bhagat Singh Chawk, Rustam Park, Limbayat||10:30 am to 6:10 pm|
|South East Zone||Dindoli||Besides Municipal School No. 246-247, Dindoli Main Road, Nr. Ishwarpura Gam, Dindoli.||10:30 am to 6:10 pm|
There are 3 Civic Centers in South East Zone, namely South East Zone, Limbayat and Dindoli.
There are 2 Civic Centers in South Zone, namely South Zone and Bhestan.
There are 2 Civic Centers in South West Zone, namely South West Zone office and Athwa.
There are 3 Civic Centers in East Zone, namely East Zone office, Karanj and Poona.
There are 3 Civic Centers in North Zone, namely North Zone office, Ved and Kosad.
There are 2 Civic Centers in Central Zone, namely SMC Main Office and Ring Road.
There are 2 Civic Centers in West Zone, namely West Zone office and Adajan.
Usual timing of SMC Civic Center is between 10:30 am to 6:10 pm.
Most of services offered in Civic Centers are also available online via Virtual Civic Centers on Surat Municipal Corporation SMC online portal as well as via Surat Municipal Corporation App on Google Play Store. Citizens can get the benefits from their home on the click of button.
Surat Municipal Corporation is a local self government which has come into being under the Bombay Provincial Municipal Act, 1949. It carries out all the obligatory functions and discretionary functions entrusted by the BPMC Act, 1949.
Surat became one of the first municipalities of India in 1852, and was converted into a municipal corporation in 1966 under the Bombay Provincial Municipal (BPMC) Act, 1949.
Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC) perceives its role as the principal facilitator and provider of services to provide a better quality of life for the city of Surat. SMC has responded to the challenges of fastest population growth and high speed economic development by adopting the best urban management practices.
With a visionary leadership and strong support from citizens, SMC has been instrumental in the transformation of the city and its growth. It serves estimated 5.5 million citizens and promises to deliver modern, accountable, transparent and progressive governance.
SMC has now taken up the challenge of transforming Surat city into the SMART City.
HERITAGE SITES IN SURAT
- Chronological Order
- Heritage Sites Circuit Map
- Monuments – Image Gallery
- Google Maps
History of Surat, dates back to around 16th century during those times it was known as Suryapur. The historic monuments like Surat Fort and Gopi Talav, tell the story of Surat along with the notes by some of the travellers like Barbosa, who noted the proceedings of Sultan of Gujarat in his travel notes. However difficult it may be to trace the exact details of the history back then, this monuments definitely speak to us in the language only a traveller can understand.
|Gopi Talav||1510||Gopi Talav was built in around 1510 by Malik Gopi, who was an affluent merchant and governor of Surat|
during the Mughal Empire.
|Surat Castle||1546||The construction of the castle was completed|
in 1546 by Safi Agha, under the ruling of
Ahmedabad king Sultan Mahmood III
|Mughal Sarai||1644||It was built during the period of|
Mugal Emperor Shah Jahan
in the year 1644 A.D. and was popularly
known as ‘Mugal Sarai’ (Travellers Inn).
|Andrew’s Library||1850||Andrew’s Library was opened on 1st July 1850|
|Narmad House||1866||Saraswati Mandir was built by Narmad in 1866,|
renamed as Narmad House after the restoration
work by SMC
|Gandhi Bagh||1870||Rani Baug, presently Gandhi Baug|
inaugurated by Municipality in 1870
|Clock Tower||1870||Clock Tower was erected in 1870|
|Hope Bridge||1877||Inauguration of Hope Bridge – 1877|
HERITAGE CIRCUIT MAP
- Clock Tower is on the Station-Chowk main road and will be one of the first things you will be noticing when you go around on this route.
- It was constructed in 1871 by Khan Bahadoor Burjorjee Merwanjee Fraser at the cost of Rs 14000 in the memory of his father Merwanjee Hormusjee Fraser and for the convenience of the inhabitants of Surat. Know More
- Clock Tower is on the main road, opened to be viewed from the outside, anytime.
- It’s Free.
- Insides of the Tower is currently not opened for public.
- Narmad Dave was a poet, philosopher, writer, social reformer in Surat. He composed, Jai Jai Garvi Gujarat, which is the state song of Gujarat.
- He built Saraswati Mandir in 1866.
- It got lost in the time, later renovated by SMC. Know More
- 8 am to 8 pm on regular days.
- On Mondays and public holidays – 8 am to 2 pm
- It is a heritage site as well as library, maintain decorum of the place.
- The Building which is used at present as an office complex by Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC) is one of the ancient monuments of Surat city and was built originally as a ‘Sarai’ or Musafarkhana (travellers’ inn). Know More
- It was built during the period of Mugal Emperor Shah Jahan in the year 1644 A.D. and was popularly known as ‘Mugal Sarai’.
- Since 1867 the building was occupied by the present corporation.
- Suggested timings : 10 am to 6 pm
- Free. This is not just another tourist attraction. So please follow the norms of place.
- It is administrative office of SMC. It is not open for public exploration. You can walk around and look at the beauty of this place.
- Library was established on 1st July 1850 and named after Andrew.
- This library got destroyed during the floods in 2005. Know More.
- Tuesday to Saturday 9am to 1pm & 3pm to 7pm
- Sunday 9am to 1pm. Library is closed on Monday.
- It is only open to see from outside. Insides not open for public exploration, yet you can enjoy the mesmerizing architecture from the outside.
- Surat Fortwas built in 1546 by Safi Agha, who was appointed by Ahmedabad king Sultan Mahmood-III. This fort was built for protection against the attack of constant invaders. Know More.
- The fort is now restorted by SMC and the new makeover look is called as Surat Castle. The beauty of this place is mesmerizing.
- Tuesday to Sunday 10:00 am to 06:00 pm
- Fort remains closed on Monday and major holidays.
- Ticket Fees
- 3 Years to 16 Years Rs.20/-
- 17 Years to 60 Years Rs.40/-
- Above 60 Years Rs.20/-
- Photography Rs.20/-
- Videography Rs.100/-
- Ticket selling is open only till 4:30 pm
Hope Bridge – Heritage Walkway
- Hope Bridge was built on Tapi river by Sir Theodre Hope, when he was district collector and magistrate.
- The bridge’s foundation was laid in 1874 and it was completed in 1877.
- The bridge was dismantled in 2015 and replaced by new bridge keeping the old design of Hope Bridge intact. Know More
- Suggested Timings : Sunrise – Sunset.
- It is a public place. Do not litter. Enjoy the view of Tapi River and birds.
Gandhi Baug (Gandhi Garden)
- This is a public garden built in the year 1870.
- Currently it is managed by SMC. Just beside this garden, you can enjoy shopping in Sunday Fair, which is open only on Sundays.
- Suggested Timings : 6am to 9pm.
- It is a public place. Do not litter.
- Gopi Talav, the water reservoir was constructed around 1510 A.D. by Malik Gopi, who was a leading merchant of surat and cheif vazir of Gujarat Sultanate. Know More.
- Gopi Talav was a source of water supply for the population till 1673 A.D. Later lost it’s place in time. In 2015, it was renovated by Surat Municipal Corporation as “Lake Garden”.
- 10:00 am to 10:00 pm. Suggested to visit in evenings.
- Ticket Fees
- Kids Rs.10/-
- Adults Rs.20/-
- Parking Rs 10 for 2 wheelers, 20 for 4 wheelers.
- It is crowded on weekends and festive seasons.