SpaceX successfully launched its twelfth Starlink mission, which launched 60 Starlink satellites to orbit on September 3, 2020. Falcon 9 lifted off from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
Falcon 9’s first stage previously supported launch of the GPS III Space Vehicle 03 mission in June 2020. Following stage separation, SpaceX will land Falcon 9’s first stage on the “Of Course I Still Love You” droneship, which will be stationed in the Atlantic Ocean.
- Project – Starlink
- Rocket – Falcon 9
- Location – Kennedy space center, Florida
- Company – SpaceX
- Droneship – OCISLY
- Fuel – Rocket grade kerosone & liquid oxygen
- Altitude – 550km and dispersed into orbits by ion-thruster propellers after 2 days
- Stages – 2 stage separation
- Computer controlled launch sequence
- Live coverage – until T+15 mins
A total of over 700 satellites have been launched till now. Beta testing is being carried out by the employees and beta users to test the latency and download speeds. Till now testing has been seen with good results enough for playing online games and downloading hd quality videos. This is an ongoing project and updates are available at starlink.com
Stay tuned for more updates.