Surat city is growing at a supersonic pace, reaching to the global standards in all areas of city development and maintenance. To match upto the rapidly growing economy and population, there is a need to provide multiple transport solutions to the Diamond City.
Surat Municipal Corporation has taken up this challenging task of city transport along with various other initiatives and successfully come up with solutions like BRTS, Sitilink Buses and the futuristic Surat Metro, along with the help from State and Central Government.
You can opt for one of the following means of commute, when in and around Surat. For a detail navigation to various places within the city, check out respective post about on Attractions of Surat.
- SURAT BRTS
- Surat BRTS is functional on major routes covering from far stretch in the east to the west across the Canal Road. There is a dedicated road for BRTS buses, which help the commuter to reach from one end to another end at the swift speed. The Buses are fully AC and have a dedicated BRTS stop. The doors are automatically closed and open, when the bus reaches BRTS station. At the BRTS Station, the timings of next arriving buses is displayed on the TVs. This buses are easily identifiable by their Red color.
- Bus Route details can be found here – SURAT BRTS BUS ROUTES
- Sitilink Bus
- The Sitilink buses provided augmented commute services on the routes, where BRTS is not available or cannot reach. Sitilink Buses cover almost every major nook and corner of the city and run from early morning at around 6am to late night 11pm. These blue colored iconic buses have become lifeline on many routes, as they provide economical traverse across the city and are often crowded during the peak hours.
- Bus Route details can be found here – SURAT SITILINK BUS ROUTES.
- Online Cabs/Auto – Ola/Uber
- Surat Railway Station
- Surat International Airport
- Surat GSRTC Bus Stand
- Udhna Bus Stand
- Udhna Railway Station
- Sachin Railway Station
- Utran Railway Station
- Kamrej Crossing NH8
- Kadodara Crossing NH8
- Surat Metro – Upcoming Project